Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Money Illusion

I don't have much time to post right now, as we are getting ready for one of our video potlucks, so I thought I would share a link to an article a friend sent me. It's from the satiric paper "The Onion", which I love. The article is about the fact that currency is an illusion and reports a fictional nationwide realization of this. Of course I thought of my moneyless friend Suelo, whose main message is that money is an illusion. Click here for his blog.


Here's the link for the article, titled, 

1 comment:

  1. Grace,

    Sorry honey, but I for one would love to be able to pay rent, pay to go to the movies, pay for a DVD player, pay for a television….et al.

    If there are too many consumers that are not also producing, indeed the chain of consumables will dry up.

    Also, there is the wide spread belief that money is the root of all evil, it is the LOVE OF money is evil. If money is more important to us then God, than money can and will be abused.

    I for one would love to live in a world where everyone barters, but in a moneyless society, where is the motivation to produce? If people do not need money, people do will not have the motivation to produce. The chain of supplies will dry up.

    Jack
    aka Homeless In L.A.
    http://homelessinla.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete