Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A "Prayer Request" or Two

There are many people who need our positive thoughts, or prayers (whichever term you prefer). My evangelical background is still in me deep down and so is prayer.

In particular need of prayer in my life right now is a friend, only 42 years old, who had a brain anuerism/stroke last Tuesday and has had several surgeries to counter it. She is still in ICU and her partner also needs mental/spiritual support.

Also, never lose mental sight of those in Haiti and those here in our very city of LA who will be affected by the heavy storms coming our way. I was down at the Hippie Kitchen today and so was reminded of the people who have no place to go when the rain and wind start their bickering. Tarps and disposable ponchos only do so much. I often feel like we're just a band-aid, and an ineffective one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment